Subject: Re: batteries for iriver players

Re: batteries for iriver players

From: Pedro Vasconcelos <pbv_at_st-andrews.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:04:32 +0100

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 12:32:11 +0100
"alex wallis" <wallis_at_andrelouis.com> wrote:

> Hi.
> a friend told me that it was possible to get batteries with an even longer
> life fitted to iriver layers meaning that they could work for up to 20 hours
> instead of 16.
> He said that it involved opening the player and disconnecting stuff that was
> in there he said that iriver didn't support it. However he didn't specify
> what series of player if any that this could be done for.
> does anyone no about this and if so how i go about getting this done?
> also does anyone no if i can get bigger hard disks for the ihp 140? or
> accessible players with bigger hard disks.

www.dapstore.com sells batteries and hardisks for the Hx00. For the H140
or iHP140 your can buy a 60gb replacement drive. The H120/iHP120 is
thinner and will accept only a single plater drive 30gb max.

These upgrades involve opening the player and disconnecting stuff, but
its really not that much more dificult than opening a wirst watch to change a
battery.

Regards,
Pedro