Subject: Re: miipekk: apps playback.c,1.132,1.133

Re: miipekk: apps playback.c,1.132,1.133

From: (wrong string) ürgen Hestermann <juergen.hestermann_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 10:11:31 +0200

> > (why anybody would like to have a file on the playlist that does not exist?)
> I realize I should've asked this at first, but somehow I didn't: this deletion
> of a file in the playlist, is this done in memory only? If so, I don't mind.

I also would not like a change in a playlist *file* on disk.

But this whole topic lets me think of how a 'corrupt' file entry
should be treated in general:

It already happened often to me that I renamed a file on the player so
that the corresponding entry in a playlist got faulty (which I didn't think of).
Now what happens if this playlist is played? Am I reminded that some files
could not be found? If not, I may miss these files for a long time. I may
never realize that my 'favourite' playlist is incomplete. I would suggest to
generate an 'error sound' (a beep?) in case that a file in a playlist could
not be opened and played. This would remind the user to cleanup his
playlist.

Jürgen Hestermann.