Subject: Re: miipekk: apps playback.c,1.132,1.133

Re: miipekk: apps playback.c,1.132,1.133

From: (wrong string) ürgen Hestermann <juergen.hestermann_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 19:33:49 +0200

> Unfortunately it's horrible from the perspective of someone who has
> playlists stored on computer and jukebox, but all the files only on the
> computer. Lots of annoying beeps. And no, we really don't need another
> config file option. Rockbox configuration is already excessive.
> Christi

I am not sure I understand what you mean. If you start a playlist you
are usualy doing this because you want to play the files, don't you?
If all or a large number of entries are not accessable then I don't know
for what reason someone would want to start it (other than by accident).

What do you do with a playlist on the jukebox which contains paths to a
drive on the computer? You can only use it if the jukebox is connected
to the computer and then it works ok, no beeps. But maybe I am missing
something here.

And to avoid excessive beeps there could be only one beep per playlist.
You would not know which entry is wrong anyway so it would be only
to inform that you should have a closer look. Maybe a standard mp3 file
named 'WrongEntry.mp3' or so could serve for this. Everybody could
adapt it if desired.

Jürgen Hestermann.