Subject: Re: NEW Iriver for the blind

Re: NEW Iriver for the blind

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 20:06:15 -0600

Dude!

No one from the rockbox team have ever stated that the voice interface will
not be available for the IRiver port. The voice UI is a function of
rockbox. It is not a patch it is a feature. When Rockbox becomes fully
functional on the Iriver then the voice UI will be there.

If you have been monitoring this list you would have notated that there are
other issues concerning the IRiver port that need to be addressed that
likely take precedence over the voice interface..

If I am mistaken re the above listed statement then I do apologize but I
have not heard that the IRiver port won't have speech capabilities.

Can one of you devs please chime in and clarify this?

Is the Wickie page up to date on the IRiver port?

Is my above mentioned statement accurate?

Is Jourg still an active developer?

Cheers...the frustrated one...rocker