Subject: Re: rockboxx becoming non-responsive when changing volume a lot

Re: rockboxx becoming non-responsive when changing volume a lot

From: Magnus Holmgren <lear_at_algonet.se>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 17:26:48 +0200

Sander Sweers wrote:

> Not sure if this is any help but I noticed that rockbox has to be
> playing to trigger this. Changing the volume when stopped (via menu)
> and paused are not giving any problems.

No, music doesn't have to be playing according to my tests (it happened
while paused). Doing it through the menu means the volume is changed
less often (2 times a second rather than 5), which could explain why it
works then.

However, I'm unable to reproduce this on the July 26 build, but on the
July 27 one, it is quite easy. The 27 build does contain some low-level
changes related to timers, but it seems to have this side-effect...

   Magnus