Subject: Re: How to easily get fonts

Re: How to easily get fonts

From: Jochen Schulz <>
Date: 2005-08-04

Daniel Stenberg:
> On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Jochen Schulz wrote:
> >$ fstobdf -s unix/:7100 -fn \
> >-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--13-120-75-75-c-70-iso8859-1 > fixed-12.bdf
> >Am I the first to find out how easy this is or is there another reason
> >why it is not documented?
-- snip
> Please add it. The docs is a wiki so everyone can add their bits!

(Not very beautiful, it's my first wiki page)

> >I could submit many fonts this way. I have not yet found out about the
> >exact license of all the fonts, but since I got them from my Debian system
> >I suppose they should be DFSG free and thus acceptable for Rockbox.
> I would love to see at least the good ones submitted, since it allows for
> easy inclusion in daily builds etc.

I am a little bit unsure about how to submit this. I checked out the
corresponding CVS module and copied some of the BDF files there. But I
cannot do 'cvs add $someflie' because I do not have write access to the
repository. How am I supposed to create a patch?

I would like to submit at least fixed-12 and fixed-12-bold (preferably
in iso-8859-1). I am currently using the latter one. It is very
beautiful, readable and gives nine lines of text in the WPS + status

When driving at night I find the headlights of oncoming vehicles very
[Agree]   [Disagree]