Subject: Re: Streaming title

Re: Streaming title

From: Ronald Teune <rtwolf_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 23:00:47 +0200

Another option would be extending the mp3 splitting plugin. If this one
could be extended so it would split the mp3 at the correct places so all
remaining files would look like normal mp3s, it would be fine I guess, and
you won't be messing with the deep-into-rockbox code. But I have even less
idea of how the tags are encapsulated in the stream.

Ronald

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 18:42:25 +0200, BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
wrote:

> As I say, it's not that hard to spot these tags, the issue is that it is
> a fair chunk of code (not so much for the coder, but more for memory
> space) and the code needs to be placed quite deep in the techie end of
> Rockbox - and for obvious reasons, you don't go playing in that code
> unless you need to.
>
> BC
>
>> Not trivial, but possible? :)
>> Btw I don't know if it is really ID3 tags. Maybe it's another format. I
>> have no idea, I couldn't find any document or a spec on the web
>> describing the http/icy protocol. . .
>>
>> BoD
>>
>> BlueChip wrote:
>>> The work required to add support for inline/embedded ID3v2 tags is not
>>> trivial.

                        _
ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
  - against HTML email  X