Subject: formatting larger drives

formatting larger drives

From: rob powell <>
Date: 2005-08-05

Hi all, I need some help. I've got an archos studio 20 for a blind
friend. I've upgraded the HD, (or got a friend to do it), but don't
know how I can format the 80GB Hitachi hard drive that we've put into
it. It's a travelstar.

I'm running XP home edition on one machine, and professional on
another. Both have service pack 2. As far as I know, Xp won't format
a fat 32 drive that large. I could really do with not having to buy
the software, and ideally it should be useable with speech on the
computer, as I'm visually impaired as well. If it uses a similar
interface to the windows explorer one, then it's probable that it
would work fine.

Thanks, very much for any help, I'm hoping to make my friend a present
of it this weekend.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.