Subject: Patch for arbitrary vorbis comments in wps

Patch for arbitrary vorbis comments in wps

From: Mark Arigo <>
Date: 2005-08-05

I've submitted a patch to the tracker that allows for
the display of arbitrary vorbis comments (besides the
supported artist, album, year, etc) in the wps.
Vorbis comments take the form TAGNAME=VALUE, so a new
wps variable is used:
quotes included. TAGNAME should match exactly.

For example, I sometimes use a PERFORMER tag if there
are guest artists on a particular track by an artist.
This wps line will display the PERFORMER tag,
otherwise defaults to the artist.

This only works for non-supported tags...%ix"ARTIST"
will not display anything.

The following files were changed:

Currently, only 8 arbitrary vorbis comments are stored
(beyond the supported ones) if they all fit in the
buffer. Since I store the vorbis comments in the
mp3entry.id3v2buf[], I increased its size from 300 to
500 (for iriver), this may be overkill, and can be

This patch works for both OGG and FLAC files with
vorbis comments. I'm sure somebody could modify the
apetag metadata handling to do something similar.

The patch (#1252758) is here:

Do You Yahoo!?