Subject: Xorg server fonts collection (Was: How to easily get fonts)

Xorg server fonts collection (Was: How to easily get fonts)

From: Jonas H. <>
Date: 2005-08-06

Okay, so I downloaded the Xorg server tarball, extracted it, found the
bdf fonts, sorted them to get the ISO8859-1 versions of most of them and
employed a few scripts on them.

The result? An unholy amount of fonts in a million different sizes and
variants. Look no further than

On top of each subpage, there's a link to an archive of all fonts on
that page.

Now I'm not sure about the licensing of all of them. They're DFSG free
(got the source from my local Debian mirror), but some of them have
strange licenses. Others, however, are in the public domain. Might be
worth a look.

A lot of the fonts in the "100dpi" and "75dpi" dir are also available in
other encodings, but I chose to pick the ISO8859-1 variants, mainly
because I'm lazy, and they were already generated.

Jonas H
                                                   -- Watch this space