Subject: Re: Looking for an archos

Re: Looking for an archos

From: [IDC]Dragon <>
Date: 2005-08-06

> Anyone I'm still trying to determine which
> one is the newest model that works with rockbox and the voice UI. I'm
> and I need an audio player that I can use efficiently. How come a voice UI
> hasn't been designed for some of the higher capacity players?

"higher capacity players"?

The long supported (old) Archos models are the ones you can put the the big
disks into. Up to 120 GB is possible at the moment.

The newer players with 1.8 inch drives can only be upgraded to 60 GB, iirc.
And that only if you took the "big" one from the beginning, with the
mechanically thicker disk.

For the blind market:
I still have a lot of diskless Studio models, in mediocre untested shape,
without accessories. If somebody has a good source for 2.5" drives (e.g.
notebook upgraders), we can make up to 20 blind people happy for little

2000 MB nur 2,99, Flatrate ab 4,99 Euro/Monat: