Subject: Re: Increased font size for iriver

Re: Increased font size for iriver

From: Jonas H. <>
Date: 2005-08-07

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 11:38:23PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> FYI:
> I just increased maximum file size for models with LCD height larger than
> 64 to 10000 bytes. I also adjusted the buildzip script to dynamically
> figure out the maximum buffer size for the particular build that the zip is
> made for.

It would seem that there is also another limitation to fontsizes: the
size of each character. With large-ish fonts, the widest characters (w,
m etc.) will display wrong, and appear to be superscript. See this page
for a screenshot and a description of the problem.

This is guesswork though, since I have no idea how the font rendering
works, but there's some problem for sure.

Jonas H
                                                  -- Random .sigs suck