Subject: Re: Question about rockbox

Re: Question about rockbox

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 22:14:42 +0100

>Dear people
>
>I am completely new to this list. I have been told that rockbox or an
>other type of software is made to make an existing mp3 player with
>harddisk speakable so that blind people can use them.
>I am blind and if this is so, can somebody pleace tell me what this is
>all about?
>I really like to have a mp3 player with harddisk that is usable by a
>blind person like me.
>Thanks for your responce in advance.
>
>Nico Moret

Rockbox only works on obselete players, so you will need to find a retailer
with old stock or go to ebay. The list of players supported can be found
on the rockbox homepage rockbox.org - the iRivers are currently undegoing
the port, they _currently_ do not speak ...but it is only a matter of time.

BC