Subject: Re: Archoes Recorder - Changing Hard Disk problem

Re: Archoes Recorder - Changing Hard Disk problem

From: David Pedersen <dav-ped_at_frisurf.no>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 17:57:45 -0400

sORRY, i DON'T KNOW TOO MUCH ABOUT THIS.

yES, i SIMPLY PUT THE NEW HARD DISK IN, AND START COPYING ONTO IT. cOULD
VERY LIKELY BE YOU ARE RIGHT, IT HAS NOT BEEN PARTITIONED - AT LEAST i HAVE
NOT DONE ANY OF THE KIND.

i AM RUNNING xp PRO, ON MY COMPUTER. nOW, THAT THE NEW DRIVE IS IN THE
aRCHOES, IS THERE ANY WAY FOR ME TO PARTION IT? hOW? aND DO i HAVE TO DO ANY
FORMATTING OF IT AFTER? cAN ALL OF THIS BE DONE OVER THE usb, OR DO i HAVE
TO SPLIT THE aTCHOEWS, AND PUT THE DRIVE IN THE COMPUTER TO DO THE JOB (A
PRETTY TRICKY JOB)...?

tHANKS FOR ALL KIND ASSISTANCE, AND PLEASE FORBARE WITH A NEWBEE!
dAVID