Subject: ATTENTION: Big Bad Feature Freeze Coming Up

ATTENTION: Big Bad Feature Freeze Coming Up

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 23:46:07 +0200 (CEST)

Hi

In order to really push forward against a 2.5 release, we just decided (see
IRC logs for details) to use the good old formula we've used in the past:

      Starting Monday the 22nd of August, we have a Feature Freeze.

Starting Monday the 22nd of August, no new features shall be committed by any
comitter - only bug fixes!

Starting Monday the 22nd of August, we work hard on fixing the known bugs and
stay away from adding new things.

Then, if things go well, if we get lots of daring people to test the dailies
during this period, we release Rockbox 2.5 roughly two weeks after that.
Around Monday the 5th of September.

With a bit of luck and lots of hard work, the 5th of September 2005 shall be a
grand day.

This also means that if you have any remaining things you want added before
the release, you MUST make sure to commit it before the 22nd of August, or it
will be left to get into the next release (be it 2.6 or 3.0).

Now, make sure you and your fellow Rockbox CVS committer reads this and knows
about this. It will be painful to have to revert any occasional wild commits
that violate this.