Subject: Re: ROCKBOX AND NTFS ???

Re: ROCKBOX AND NTFS ???

From: Ronald Teune <rtwolf_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:40:05 +0200

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 04:11:32 +0200, David Pedersen <dav-ped_at_frisurf.no>
wrote:

> Can the Archoes jukebox be run with a hard drive that is formatted with
> the NTFS? Or does it have to be FAT32?

You can always format it NTFS, but it will not work in rockbox until you
or someone else would write a driver for that filesystem...

> How big a disk can you actually put into the jukebox?

120GB is the largest 2.5" drive known now, it'll work fine.

> When I tried to format a 60gb disk, with FAT32, Windows reports that the
> disk is too big for FAT32. And the Swiss Knife, that has been suggested,
> ends up with an error report, that Windows wants to send; when I try to
> part/format the drive.
>
> Thanks,
> David

That question has been answered less than 4 days ago:
http://www.rockbox.org/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2005-08/0072.shtml
mkdosfs should do the trick.

Ronald

                        _