Subject: Re: ROCKBOX AND NTFS ???

Re: ROCKBOX AND NTFS ???

From: Mat Holton <mathew.holton_at_surface-inspection.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:00:44 +0100

Is there any information about having your mp3's on one partition and, say, Knoppix or any other operating system
on the other?
Also, can the bootsector of the drive have lilo or grub on it without affecting Rockbox at all?

-----Original Message-----From: Ronald Teune <rtwolf_at_gmx.net>To: Rockbox development <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>Sent: 09/08/2005 10:40Subject: Re: ROCKBOX AND NTFS ???On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 04:11:32 +0200, David Pedersen <dav-ped_at_frisurf.no>

wrote:

> Can the Archoes jukebox be run with a hard drive that is formatted with

> the NTFS? Or does it have to be FAT32?

You can always format it NTFS, but it will not work in rockbox until you

or someone else would write a driver for that filesystem...

> How big a disk can you actually put into the jukebox?

120GB is the largest 2.5" drive known now, it'll work fine.

> When I tried to format a 60gb disk, with FAT32, Windows reports that the

> disk is too big for FAT32. And the Swiss Knife, that has been suggested,

> ends up with an error report, that Windows wants to send; when I try to

> part/format the drive.

> Thanks,

> David

That question has been answered less than 4 days ago:

http://www.rockbox.org/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2005-08/0072.shtml

mkdosfs should do the trick.

Ronald

                        _