Subject: Re: ROCKBOX AND NTFS ???

Re: ROCKBOX AND NTFS ???

From: Jonas H. <rasher_at_rasher.dk>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 15:55:17 +0200

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 11:40:05AM +0200, Ronald Teune wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 04:11:32 +0200, David Pedersen <dav-ped_at_frisurf.no>
> wrote:
>
> >Can the Archoes jukebox be run with a hard drive that is formatted with
> >the NTFS? Or does it have to be FAT32?
>
> You can always format it NTFS, but it will not work in rockbox until you
> or someone else would write a driver for that filesystem...

That won't work as far as I understand. My understanding was, that the
Archos requires the drive to boot from to be FAT32 and that this is not
something Rockbox can work around because Rockbox is not involved in the
very first stage of booting.

Or maybe I misunderstood that part - I don't own any Archos devices.

--
Jonas H
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk