Subject: CAN ROCKBOX DO...

CAN ROCKBOX DO...

From: David Pedersen <dav-ped_at_frisurf.no>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 23:46:04 -0400

I was just wondering, if RockBox has the following features. If not, could
it be included in the next release?

1) Variable speed - speed up, or slow down, an mp3 clip. Would be very
useful when reading audiobooks.

2) Pause between songs. Is it, or would it be, posible to make the jukebox
insert 3-5seconds pause, between audio clips in playback?

3) Different configurations for certain directories/folders. Let's say that
you want bookmarking turned on when reading audiobooks, but when in your
music collection, you don't want that function turned on. Would you then be
able to save a configuration file in the folder where you have your
audiobooks, and each time you go into this folder, the config-file will
automatically be loaded.

4) Playback for AUDIBLE audiobooks. I know that Audible have their own
standard, but would it be posible to have Rockbox reading, and playing that
standard?

5) Delete function. Kind of nice, not having to connect the unit to the
computer to do every little detail. Deleting and/or moving songs is one of
those things, you would appriciate to do on the go... :)

6) Speaking menus even in playback mode. As a blind person, I would love
that. Of course, such a feature should be posible to turn on/off.

7) Some kind of audible signal that indicates start/pause/stop in Recording
Mode. Sometimes, i.e when recording a conference, it is hard to remember if
you are recording, or not. And as the jukebox monitors the sound no matter
if in rec, or pause, mode; there is no way for a blind erson, immediately to
know what is going on. Won't know until after quite a whle, when he realizes
that the hard disk does not spinn up/down.- My idea is, for example, one
beep indicating start recording; whileas to beeps indicates pausing...

Thank you for considering those ideas!
David