Subject: Re: Rombox on 2.5?

Re: Rombox on 2.5?

From: Jonas H. <>
Date: 2005-08-10

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 08:25:23AM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, Lee Pilgrim wrote:
> >The problem with rombox these days is that rockbox has grown to big to run
> >in ROM. It will work fine if the debug menu was thrown out (no end-user
> >actaully uses it any way). Hopefully the rockbox guys will bring this into
> >concideration.
> That would only be possible if the rombox build was made as a separate one,
> and not just a second output of the standard build like today. This becase
> rombox has no particular defines set anywhere to enable us to disable
> specific parts for it.

How about just not including the debug menu in standard builds period?
It's not the thing you'd expect to find in an end-user build anyway. Of
course, there may be some functionality worth preserving, but that
doesn't really belong in a Debug menu in the first place, in my opinion.

Jonas H
                                         -- [insert witty remark here]