Subject: Re: Rombox on 2.5?

Re: Rombox on 2.5?

From: Jonas H. <>
Date: 2005-08-10

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 08:56:07AM +0200, Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:
> Jonas H. wrote:
> >How about just not including the debug menu in standard builds period?
> >It's not the thing you'd expect to find in an end-user build anyway. Of
> >course, there may be some functionality worth preserving, but that
> >doesn't really belong in a Debug menu in the first place, in my opinion.
> You would be surprised how many times the debug menu has helped us when
> users have reported problems with their devices. I agree that some items
> in that menu are less interesting to users, but I don't want to remove
> it completely.

I don't think I'd be surprised - this is why I said standard builds. A
"developer build" or somesuch should include the debug menu and you
could make the user download that to figure out problems. Except that'd
then no longer fit in ROM. :-\

Any things that could be removed that aren't features? Credits scroller?
Logo bitmaps? Of course, all that is just more fragmented code, which is
probably not a good solution either.

Could some of the functionality perhaps be moved to plugins (adding some
hooks in the plugin API)?

Jonas H
                                         -- [insert witty remark here]