Subject: Re: Rombox on 2.5?

Re: Rombox on 2.5?

From: Mat Holton <mathew.holton_at_surface-inspection.com>
Date: 2005-08-10

Does bootbox work yet?
I can't see any reason why I would want to keep the original firmware, I havn't used it since I found Rockbox.

-----Original Message-----From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus@haxx.se>To: Rockbox development <rockbox@cool.haxx.se>Sent: 10/08/2005 09:25Subject: Re: Rombox on 2.5?Jonas H. wrote:

> I don't think I'd be surprised - this is why I said standard builds. A

> "developer build" or somesuch should include the debug menu and you

> could make the user download that to figure out problems. Except that'd

> then no longer fit in ROM. :-\

The problem is that we won't be keeping "developer builds" of older

daily builds.

> Could some of the functionality perhaps be moved to plugins (adding some

> hooks in the plugin API)?

I think BootBox is the way to go here. If you want Rockbox running from

ROM, you'd have to give up the original firmware.

Linus

"There's nothing that's new under Heaven, there's nothing unique over Hell" -- Chumbawamba

Surface Inspection Ltd
www.surface-inspection.com