Subject: Re: Rombox on 2.5?

Re: Rombox on 2.5?

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: 2005-08-10

> Does bootbox work yet?

Yes, it works, but I'd like to gain a bit more confidence with it. Only a
few people participated in the beta test, iirc not all all models were
covered (Studio and Ondio SP untested).

One issue is the start address of the new Rombox. Now it needs to be behind
bootloader plus bootbox, before it was behind bootloader plus Archos. This
is how we gain more space, Bootbox being smaller. This address is aligned to
the next 4 KB (a flash sector). It varies per model and restricts us in
future Bootbox updates, if any. If e.g. Bootbox grows into the next 4KB,
we'd have to adapt the Rombox build.

I have a hen-and-egg problem with releasing it, because I prefer to have it
built with a known defined code base of Rockbox, let's say v2.5. Then we
need to build Rombox with a new start address. But you want this change in
v2.5, too, to have Rombox working within the release...

Any ideas?

Jrg

PS: ...and I have no time for Rockbox, sigh

+++ GMX - die erste Adresse fr Mail, Message, More +++