Subject: Re: replaygain and id3v2 / RGAD tag?

Re: replaygain and id3v2 / RGAD tag?

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:45:40 +0100

>>I would need that part which parses binary replaygain info to implement
>>replaygain on WAV files too, so if id3v2 should use it also then that
>>binary parsing function should be done in replaygain.c I guess.
>
>Where would the tag be stored for wavs? But extracting the values from the
>RGAD frame and converting them to something usable for replaygain.c should
>be easy enough... (And I'll soon commit something that should make it a
>little bit easier :).

ReplayGain is a tool to tweak MP3 packet headers, as such it only works
with MP3's. I suppose you could implements a system that will work with
WAV files, but it will not be "ReplayGain" it will be "Magnus' WavGain" -
although if Rockbox pick it up as a new standard, it might stand a chance
of reaching the public eye :)