Subject: Re[2]: Multi-display (lcd remote) design discussion

Re[2]: Multi-display (lcd remote) design discussion

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: 2005-08-11

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, Geoff Smith wrote:

> I appreciate that the screen size is different and this will make some
> things difficult. From a user (rather than developer) point of view I'd like
> to see a second .wps file for the remote. How difficult is everything else?
> The browser and the menus are effectively the same, a list with an item
> highlighted, on the remote you'd just see less of the items surrounding the
> currently selected one.

I don't think any of this is hard by definition, it is just work that needs to
be done that takes changing quite some code and some new code to be written.
That takes time and energy.

I'm behind the idea that having the code turned into suitable functions and
have the code "sync" both displays is a good start, and then we can do the two
screens doing different things implemented later on.