Subject: Re: Rombox on 2.5?

Re: Rombox on 2.5?

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 01:51:50 +0200

Hello Lee

On 10.08.2005, you wrote:

> I still boot into the original firmware when my batteries are
> extremely low. The original firmware charges the battery fine,
> but Rockbox seems to try to continuously spinup the drive
> while it doesn't have enough power. It may be charging, but
> the constant clicking from the drive is annoying.

> Am I missing a way to boot up Rockbox so it only tries to
> charge the batteries?

Maybe. Rockbox features a charging screen the same way as the
original firmware does. If you don't try to boot the unit first,
but power on by plugging the charger, it will go right to the
charging screen. In this mode, the harddrive won't be powered on
at all. It has one tiny disadvantage though (if you count it as
such) - it doesn't reset the runtime counter in the debug menu.
This will only happen if you push ON after a while (even at the
end of the charging cycle) with the charger still connected.

Regards, Jens