Subject: Re: Recorder 20 available again in the UK!?

Re: Recorder 20 available again in the UK!?

From: Jerry Van Baren <gerald.vanbaren_at_smiths-aerospace.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:29:26 -0400

Yes. The disadvantage is that you get disk spinup and seek noises
whenever the disk is active (whirrrrr clickityclickclick rrrrrihw every
couple of minutes). While it won't obscure an audio source with decent
loudness, it is definitely audible and undesirable. On the other hand,
it is nice to have if you have no "line in" audio source (PA system or
_amplified_ external mic).

gvb