Subject: Re: Q: Iriver Midi playback

Re: Q: Iriver Midi playback

From: Steve Moskovchenko <>
Date: 2005-08-11

Installing the patchset should take care of this.
More correctly, it should be called the soundset, these files are the
instrument data used to play the music.

However, I should warn you that at the moment, the MIDI codec will not
do much. That is, it will synthesize the sound and all, but it does not
output it yet because the Plugin API still lacks the sound codec
functions. I plan to enable sound playback once the correct functions
have been added to the plugin API.

If you dig through the source code a bit, set a symlink, and uncomment
one line, you can hear the midi plugin playing sound through the

I realize that the code isn't the most efficient thing on the target
right now, and I plan to optimize it to realtime as soon as I buy an

Hope this helps
-- Steve