Subject: definitive WAV patch

definitive WAV patch

From: Frederic Devernay <frederic.devernay_at_m4x.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 18:21:17 +0200

Hi,

I updated the WAV patch before going on vacation, and I don't intend to work on
it anymore, except if bug are found.

The latest version supports the following formats:
  * - PCM, up to 32 bits, supporting 32 bits playback when useful.
  * - ALAW and MULAW (16 bits compressed on 8 bits).
  * - DVI_ADPCM (16 bits compressed on 4 or 3 bits).

It parses correctly the WAVE file headers (even exotic ones), and it also
supports searching WAVE files.

The patch can be found at:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1245261&group_id=44306&atid=439120

You can find various WAVE files (including broken ones, to make sure they don't
crash rockbox) from the links I put on
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/SoundCodecs

The only "missing" stuff in it are:
- Microsoft ADPCM support, which is a pain in the ass to implement
- IEEE floating-point support, waiting for floating-points conversion routines
in rockbox

Fred