Subject: definitive WAV patch

definitive WAV patch

From: Frederic Devernay <>
Date: 2005-08-11

I updated the WAV patch before going on vacation, and I don't intend to work on
it anymore, except if bug are found.

The latest version supports the following formats:
  * - PCM, up to 32 bits, supporting 32 bits playback when useful.
  * - ALAW and MULAW (16 bits compressed on 8 bits).
  * - DVI_ADPCM (16 bits compressed on 4 or 3 bits).

It parses correctly the WAVE file headers (even exotic ones), and it also
supports searching WAVE files.

The patch can be found at:

You can find various WAVE files (including broken ones, to make sure they don't
crash rockbox) from the links I put on

The only "missing" stuff in it are:
- Microsoft ADPCM support, which is a pain in the ass to implement
- IEEE floating-point support, waiting for floating-points conversion routines
in rockbox