Rockbox mail archive
Subject: definitive WAV patch
I updated the WAV patch before going on vacation, and I don't intend to work on
it anymore, except if bug are found.
The latest version supports the following formats:
* - PCM, up to 32 bits, supporting 32 bits playback when useful.
* - ALAW and MULAW (16 bits compressed on 8 bits).
* - DVI_ADPCM (16 bits compressed on 4 or 3 bits).
It parses correctly the WAVE file headers (even exotic ones), and it also
supports searching WAVE files.
The patch can be found at:
You can find various WAVE files (including broken ones, to make sure they don't
crash rockbox) from the links I put on
The only "missing" stuff in it are:
- Microsoft ADPCM support, which is a pain in the ass to implement
- IEEE floating-point support, waiting for floating-points conversion routines
Received on Thu Aug 11 18:22:12 2005
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew