Subject: Re: rockboxx becoming non-responsive when changing volume a lot

Re: rockboxx becoming non-responsive when changing volume a lot

From: Sander Sweers <sander.sweers_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:27:18 +0200

On 03/08/05, Sander Sweers <sander.sweers_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/08/05, Magnus Holmgren <lear_at_algonet.se> wrote:
> > Sander Sweers wrote:
> >
> > > Not sure if this is any help but I noticed that rockbox has to be
> > > playing to trigger this. Changing the volume when stopped (via menu)
> > > and paused are not giving any problems.
> >
> > No, music doesn't have to be playing according to my tests (it happened
> > while paused). Doing it through the menu means the volume is changed
> > less often (2 times a second rather than 5), which could explain why it
> > works then.
> >
> > However, I'm unable to reproduce this on the July 26 build, but on the
> > July 27 one, it is quite easy. The 27 build does contain some low-level
> > changes related to timers, but it seems to have this side-effect...
>
> I am using the July 31 build and pauzed it for sure is not causing it
> to become unresponsive. Tonight when i'm home I will try todays build
> to see if it is different.

That did not make any difference pausing does not trigger it for me.

Anyway, on my H120 i can change the volume with my remote with no
problem. I hardly use it as the display is not yet showing track info
so did not notice this until today.

Hope this helps...

--
After a time, you may find that "having" is not so pleasing a thing,
after all, as "wanting." It is not logical, but it is often true.