Subject: I miss thatlittle beep big time, and the Iriver

I miss thatlittle beep big time, and the Iriver

From: Kathy szinnyey <>
Date: 2005-08-14

Hi all! Haven't been here for a long time, but I'm here with a new email address. Anyway, some time back, I'd asked if there could be an audible sound to let us blind folk know when we were actually recording, as opposed to being on pause, with the archose. And you technofolks responded wonderfully, and I had a good enough signal to let me know when I was recording. Well, somehow that little beep mysteriously disappeared on later Daily Builds. I've talked with a couple blind folks who had downloaded later Builds an couldn't find it. I just downloaded one yesterday and noticed it wasn't there. CAn we please, oh please, have our little beep, or somethering perhaps a little louder, back? It was so very helpful!

And, just out of curiosity, can you all say more about making the Iriver talk? Or is the Iriver company doing that?

Thanks very much!

>From a mostly non-geeky end-user

Kathy Szinnyey or