Subject: new remote control problem with flash rockbox

new remote control problem with flash rockbox

From: Martin LaFevers <fsmrl_at_uaf.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 17:26:54 -0800 (AKDT)

Hi, I have a recorder 20 that I have flashed with Rockbox 2.4 Works
great. A few days ago I bought a new remote for it from
newmp3technologies, which does not work. Batteries are good in the
remote.
I think the remote could be working, but the recorder does not recognize
it. No lights or anything. Does the remote somehow calibrate itself
through the serial interface on the headphone jack when initially used?
If so, must this be done using Archos firmware on the recorder, or can
Rockbox do it? I tried booting the recorder with the Archos firmware by
pressing F1 while turning on. No luck with the remote. But original
Archos firmware did not contain remote support as I read in the release
notes. When I boot with F1, is the boot coming from the original firmware
or from the .ajz file? (I tried booting with the file and without)
Checking the firmware version implies that it used the .ajz, but I'm not
sure I believe it.
Does the same remote work with a jukebox 6000?
A strange symptom, while randomly pushing buttons on the remote with the
recorder off, I was able to trigger the hard drive to spin up on the
recorder. It did not fully turn on. I was not able to duplicate it later
after a full reboot. But this implies to me that the remote interface is
seeing something and the jack pins are good.
If calibration is needed, I hope to see 2.5 wtht the capability.