Subject: Iriver 22kHz mono mp3 - time display?

Iriver 22kHz mono mp3 - time display?

From: Martin Borus <mborus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 08:32:28 +0200

Hi,

on the Iriver, using the daily build of wednesday, 17th.

Currently, when I play back 64k/22 kHz mono mp3 files I get an
incorrect time display - a bit less than half the running time is
shown and I can't forward into the second half on the file.
Also the files are incorrectly shown as 128k in the wps. Playing the
same file on an Archos shows the correct time.

Running VBRFIX on the Iriver makes the problem worse:
Now the file length is 3 seconds (orginal length is a bit more than 30
minutes) and the
bitrate shown in the WPS is 40993K.

Martin