Subject: Re: feature request for version 2.5

Re: feature request for version 2.5

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:16:55 +0200

Simon, please reply to the list, not to me privately.

Simon Eigeldinger wrote:
>>I have no idea what you are talking about. Do you mean that the menus
>>aren't spoken right after stopping playback?
>

> yes. when i put the player in pause mode by pressing the play key and
> then press the menu button the menu is not spoken.

Then why did you say that you used the Stop key to stop the playback?

I quote: "When i play a file, press the stop key and then the menu key
nothing happens. ".

> yes. so when you listen a file press play to pause the song then
> press menu you hear nothing.

OK. So the problem you are talking about is that you want to hear the
voice when you have *paused* the playback, not stopped it. I get it now.

That is not easy to fix, so I doubt that we can fix it before 2.5.

There is a workaround, though. If you stop the playback instead of
pausing it, the voice will work again. You can then resume playback by
pressing ON from the file browser. That works best if you use the later
daily builds, where we have removed the "Ask" option from the Resume
setting.

Linus