Subject: Jump-back scroll patch updated

Jump-back scroll patch updated

From: Ray Lambert <listlizard_at_interthingy.net>
Date: 2005-08-18

Howdy,

A few weeks back I announced a new experimental patch that implements an
alternate form of bidi scrolling.

I recently updated that patch and formally finalized it (i.e. it's no
longer "experimental", it's now a complete, full-featured patch).

It now adds a new menu item under General->Display->Scrolling called
"Scroll Type". It allows the user to choose between four "scroll types":
"auto", "bidirectional", "jump-back", and "continuous". If the user
selects a scroll type of "bidirectional", "jump-back", or "continuous"
that scroll type will be used for all scrolling, unconditionally. If the
user selects "auto", rockbox will automatically choose one of the other
three for each string, depending on the length of that string and the
value of the "Bidirectional scroll limit" setting.

More details can be found in the update notice on the patch page:
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&atid=439120&group_id=44306&aid=1243273>

If some kind soul has the time to merge this in before the feature freeze
that would make me a very happy camper. :)

Thanks,

~ray