Subject: Re: I miss thatlittle beep big time,

Re: I miss thatlittle beep big time,

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 18:46:27 +0200

Ray Lambert wrote:
> Maybe I'm missing something but, couldn't you play the "Recording..."
> voice and then start the actual recording immediately afterwards? That
> also avoids recording the voice. I'm assuming that initiating a recording
> is not something that is prone to failure and that the voice really serves
> only to confirm the *record command*.

Then the recording won't start until way after the button was pressed,
and I'm sure that is an unwanted side effect. The worst case is when
pausing and resuming a recording, where the audio buffer must be flushed
to disk to be able to load the voice file. The resumed recording can be
delayed by several seconds.

Linus