Subject: Double Iriver beta recording feature request.

Double Iriver beta recording feature request.

From: Martin Borus <>
Date: 2005-08-18

here's a "small" feature request before the freeze hits us :)

It affects the beta PCM recording function: I've done some tests with
it and am happy with the quality. I also noticed that the FM reception
of the radio isn't affected much by harddisc access, so recording off
the radio in reasonable quality could be possible (hardware wiring

The two wishes:

1. Please change the "Monitor" monitor key mapping to something I can
reach without a remote. (Currently there's no way to turn on the
monitor. As there's no peak meter yet, the monitor is needed to set
the gain to a somewhat useful level) If that's not easy, defaulting
"Monitor" to on would help.

2. The FM radio turns itself off when you enter the recording screen.
Any way to make recording off the radio possible by leaving it on?