Subject: exception handling

exception handling

From: Dave Wiard <lists_at_wiard.net>
Date: 2005-08-22

Last night I plugged in my 120, set the sleep timer, started the music
and fell asleep. This morning, I woke up to find Rockbox had crashed
with an ID3Addr exception at some pointer before the timer shut the
player down. That's okay but I was a little disturbed by the fact the
hard drive had been spinning for more than 6 hours. Thankfully I had the
player plugged into AC or it would surely have drained the battery by
the time I found it (and who knows what could have happened there). Is
it possible to ensure the hard drive spins down when throwing fatal
exceptions to ensure the drive doesn't just spin endlessly?

Dave