Subject: iriver stuck at 120MHz and draining the battery after pressing stop

iriver stuck at 120MHz and draining the battery after pressing stop

From: Frederic Devernay <frederic.devernay_at_m4x.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:58:11 +0200

Hi,

*sometimes*, when I press stop, the CPU remains at 120MHz. I noticed this
because although my H120 is idle, it never goes off even after the "Idle
Poweroff" time. The player becomes hot (may this cause damage to the unit?).

Today, it happened after playing Ogg files, maybe this information is useful. I
came back from lunch and the player was still on.

Anybody experienced the same behaviour?

Shouldn't "stop" always put the CPU in idle mode? Probably, since the pcmbuf is
not used anymore, the frequency stays as it was when the user stopped.

Fred