Subject: Re: ROMbox status (and future..)

Re: ROMbox status (and future..)

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: 2005-08-29

> can one of the core developers give a precis of the current and future
> status of rombox for Archos owners?

Rombox will be back for all flashable Archos'es with v2.5.
You'd have to flash "Bootbox" then (a minimalistic Rockbox as the 1st
firmware, instead of original Archos). I didn't enable the new start
addresses yet (and didn't distribute Bootbox), that's a final step before or
with the v2.5 rollout. Testers are welcome, however. My RecV1 and OndioFM
are "bootboxed", other platforms welcome.

Jörg