Subject: Re: ROMbox is back, for all flashable Archos

Re: ROMbox is back, for all flashable Archos

From: Gert Brinkmann <>
Date: 2005-09-01

Kaggen wrote:
> Try

Yes, thank you. I already had found this but it all sounds quiet
theoretical for me, because I do not know much about rockbox, yet. After
reading this text another time, I understand it as follows:

Rockbox normally is not placed in the flashrom, but on harddisk (or the
data-part of a flash-player's flash-device). Only the rockbox-bootloader
ist placed in the flashrom.

Rombox is the normal rockbox that instead is completely placed in the
flashrom together with the boot-loader and so is loaded faster and
leaves more space on the data-device.

Is this right and everything?