Subject: Re: Help prepare the release notes for 2.5

Re: Help prepare the release notes for 2.5

From: Jonas H. <rasher_at_rasher.dk>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 17:26:04 +0200

The release notes and changelog for Rockbox 2.5 are now almost done
(except of course for changes that are yet to happen). There are just a
few places where I'd like to get some outside help, because I simply
don't know enough about it. You can either help me out by editing the
wiki pages, or point me at places of information.

1. The recording section in the Changelog. A lot of things have changed
   in recording, and I don't have the necessary knowledge of the Rockbox
   recording features, since I only own an iriver which doesn't record
   yet. All the related commit notes from CVS are there now, but it
   needs to be rewritten into an easily readable section of text
   describing the changes since Rockbox 2.4. If you know a lot about
   Rockbox recording, please help me out here.

2. The "What's New?" section of the Releasenotes should include the most
   prominent new features since Rockbox 2.4. I don't have enough of an
   idea about which are the important changes to write this section.
   I've tried, but I'm not quite happy with it yet. If you're using
   recent builds of Rockbox and remember what 2.4 was like - please help
   write this section.

3. Someone should explain the upgrade process, and since I don't own any
   Archos devices, this is hard for me. There's room for this in the
   Release notes.

4. Has the Red LED Death bug been fixed or not? There seem to have been
   conflicting reports.

The work-in-progress wiki pages are here:

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/ReleaseNotes
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/ChangeLog

--
Jonas H