Subject: Clicks and pops on iriver.

Clicks and pops on iriver.

From: XavierGr <>
Date: 2005-09-03

Hello all.

Since playback was implmented on iriver I could hear "clicks" when changing
the volume.
This also appears in Fade-in/out. (a clicking sound can be heard until it
reaches the desired volume level)
Some times (not all of then though) can be heard when I change tracks or

Bad news is that this is now happening with the default firmware.(I don't
remember last time default firmware was fine, but I am sure that this wasn't
from start) Especially when I change the volume or in the fade-in effect.
Also I can hear 2 initialization "pops" when I trurn on the player in both

I dont blame rockbox for this, I know many users that hasn't reported this.
I just wanted to ask if someone has any idea why there are these "pops" and
if anyone knows what's causing them.
Any idea what I can do to make them stop (though I doubt I can do anything)?

I have opened my player 3-4 times for a battery and disc upgrade but I don't
think I caused.

That's all, thanks in advance.