Subject: Re: question about MP3 encoding with lame

Re: question about MP3 encoding with lame

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 08:54:22 +0200

Arnaud wrote:
> the problem is that I encounter buffering problem on the Archos , I
> already wrote about it on this list.

I searched the list archive, but I couldn't find your post about
buffering problems.

> I'd like to know, is there a way with lame to process all my MP3's to
> correct them without a decode / re-encode process which would make my
> files degrade the sound quality quite a lot.

The nogap issue is not easy to correct, but you might be able to solve
the "buffering problem".

My guess is that your MP3 files ave VBR, and that they don't have a
correct VBR header, You need to add a VBR header, using a tool like
VBRFix or MP3Fixer.

Linus