Subject: Re: Updated... Hebrew Translation!

Re: Updated... Hebrew Translation!

From: Jonas H. <>
Date: 2005-09-04

On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 03:24:27AM +0200, Liberman Shachar wrote:
> > (I'd put this in the tracker, but SourceForge is not being cooperative)
> Why is that? really, waiting _anticipationly_ for an answer.
> > Thanks a lot! Looking very good. Only a few comments:
> >
> > 1) You should probably not translate the quickscreen texts, since
> > they'll be gibberish.
> I've tried adding some ### tags on the ones who caused problems... the thing
> is those are the same strings used in other places in menus > getting
> uneven, sometimes hebrew sometimes english translations. I would have done
> that if there was a way of doing it the right way (?)

Ah right, hadn't thought of that. Well then there's nothing to do (not
with the current system at least).

> > I think the rockbox standard font should come in all character encodings
> > currently in use, and the lang files should be able to specify which one
> > to use. Something should be done about it at least - maybe a job for
> > LangV2?
> I agree, that what I thought should be done. I'm sure arabic has the same
> exact problem and other non-latin encodings.
> I would love if anyone would translate the correct font to hebrew encoding
> or else direct me to it (and maybe some instructions regarding fontforge as
> well :)
> p.s. there is some sort of a unicode patch on the tracker. I haven't tried
> it.

Yeah, using unicode all the way is another solution, which would be

> and yeah it's only your language-checker script... I have left this
> untouched by purpose so it would be clear there isn't a real translation for
> it that fits...

Okay, cool. I've added the strings untranslated, to mark that they
*have* been taken care of - not just ignored.

Again, thanks a lot for the translation!

Jonas H
                     -- I'm using Free software to post this. Are you?