Subject: problems flashing

problems flashing

From: Glenn at home <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: 2005-09-05

I have never flashed any of my units yet, so I decided to do it to my V2.
I copied in the 2 bin files and went into the plug-ins and pressed "play" on
flash file as described on the Blind Flash page.

After pressing F1, waiting, and pressing F2, it exits me out, as though I
used the wrong flash file.
* Interestingly, when I ran the Installer to update it first, it offered the
FM model, and I chose the V2, and it put up a screen indicating that there
is FM software on the unit.

I know that once I installed the FmRecorder build to see if mine had the FM
chip in it, but it did not work, so I installed the V2 over the FM build.
* So I thought that maybe there was some FmRecorder files in the .Rockbox
directory that was causing the problem, so I deleted the directory, and ran
the installer again with no problems.

But the flashing procedure still kicks me out of the process, like I am
trying to flash a unit with the wrong firmware.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Glenn