Subject: Re: magnifying the screen

Re: magnifying the screen

From: Mat Holton <mathew.holton_at_surface-inspection.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 09:08:16 +0100

Not, that I have poor eyesight but I would still be interested in the outcome of this 'mod' :-)
I think I would find it usefull as sometimes when I wake up in the morning or the middle
of the night, I switch my Archos on to check the time and at that time in the morning, my vision is
often quite blurry!

-----Original Message-----From: Glenn at home <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>To: rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>Sent: 05/09/2005 18:29Subject: magnifying the screenI am wondering about how it would appear for folks with low vision to

magnify the screen with some of that magnifying plastic film.

My vision is too poor to benefit from this, but I noticed, from looking over

my JBR's face plate, that one could trim a piece of magnifying plastic film

to fit under the plastic cover on the face plate, without effecting the

thickness of the face plate.

I may have some of that plastic film, and I will hold it to the screen and

see if people looking at it feel it makes the display easier to read, or if

it would actually distort the image too much.

Glenn

"There's nothing that's new under Heaven, there's nothing unique over Hell" -- Chumbawamba

Surface Inspection Ltd
www.surface-inspection.com