Subject: 8MB mod

8MB mod

From: Mike Hentschel <michael.hentschel_at_femtolasers.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 12:22:28 +0200

Again, I have a question about the 8MB mod.

If I understand this rigth, the adress lines are a bit mixed up, ie. the
first bit of the CPU goes to A2, second bit to A3 and so on. The 9th and
10th bit go to A0 and A1. Finally the 11th and 12th bit from the CPU go to
A10 and A11.
This means, if the CPU requests access to many consecutive words in a row
(which happens quite often, i guess), the physical adresses will be totally
out of order. Won't this impair the performance significantly?

Any hints are appreciated!
Thanx,
Mike