Subject: Re: rasher: firmware id3.c,1.110,1.111

Re: rasher: firmware id3.c,1.110,1.111

From: Jonas H. <rasher_at_rasher.dk>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 14:51:41 +0200

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 09:44:00AM +0200, Svante Tidholm wrote:
> I can see that you are not colored.
> Only a white ignorant asshole acts like that. What if I don't like
> being called nigger, neger or anything else? Or what if my best
> friend has been kiled by nazis who wrote negersvin with a knife in
> his forehead?
>
> It's no fun at all. So please remove that word and make your own
> racist rockbox build.

You still seem to be forgetting that little thing called context. For
all we know, this genre isn't even derived from that word. Either way,
noone was being offensive or oppressive. Noone called you anything, stop
acting like you were being attacked.

Stupid political correctness is not the answer to racism - tolerance is.
You don't seem very tolerant.

Right, back on topic.

I still don't see why we whould remove a genre from a list of de-facto
standard genres that EVERY other program out there recognises. If you
don't like the name, don't use it. I sure won't. Now if this was some
Rockbox-only addition, I might just agree, but this is not something I
invented.

--
Jonas H
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk