Subject: Re: rasher: firmware id3.c,1.110,1.111

Re: rasher: firmware id3.c,1.110,1.111

From: Jonas H. <rasher_at_rasher.dk>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 15:36:10 +0200

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 03:05:58PM +0200, Svante Tidholm wrote:
> Jonas,
> OK, sorry I attacked you in person, that was stupid. The thing is,
> I'm not tolerant! I will never again let anyone use the word neger or
> nigger, or any other oppressional term, not as some kind of joke,
> irony or other way. So, yes, I'm not tolerant. I'm not politically
> correct, just someone who's had enough of racism, sexism, homophobia,
> oppression because of religion or whatever. You can call it whatever
> you want.

The thing is, if it's not used as an oppressional term, calling it
oppressional is pretty silly. Most opinions that can be replaced by a
small shell-script are stupid in my eyes. Context does matter, dammit.

> It's important to fight the use of these words in every context - be
> it in a classroom, on the street, or even in a alternative mp3-player
> firmware!
>
> Together we can change this world.
> So I repeat my question: why do you want to keep on using it?
> To comply to Winamps list of genres?

Yes. And every other program out there. If you're going to get all up in
arms about this one, I'm going to cause a racket abour "Porn-groove"
being in there.

Fighting words is stupid - words have no meaning other than what's put
into them. Fight the ones being oppressive instead. Now that's a valid
cause and I'll stand right beside you there.

I see we're going to have a problem reaching an agreement here, since it
appears that this is both yours and my pet peeve.

--
Jonas H
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk